Returns and Fines
If you are unable to renew, or receive a notice that you need to return items, please don’t panic. We understand that given the current context, there may be some challenges returning your materials. Please contact us if you need to make alternate arrangements.
Depending on where you are located, there are many different ways to return items:
- Book return bins/slots located inside the libraries as well as the following locations:
- Queen Elizabeth II Library front entrance
- Grenfell (Ferris Hodgett) Library front entrance
- Medicine building main entrance
- Door 6 of the Education (G.A. Hickman) building (entrance facing the QEII Library)
- Door 5 of the School of Music (M.O. Morgan) building
- any branch of Newfoundland and Labrador Public Libraries that are open for curbside pickup. Our friends at the public library will ensure we get the material back.
- any college or university library in Atlantic Canada that is a CAUL-CBUA member.
If you are outside Atlantic Canada, or not located near a CAUL-CBUA library, please contact us. Within Canada, we are using Purolator to ship materials back to us at no cost to you. For the St. John's Campuses, please contact Rob Ball firstname.lastname@example.org and on the Grenfell Campus please contact email@example.com to arrange return shipping.
If you are located outside Canada, please contact the library that owns the material.
Fines for recalled items are $2 per day.
Items that are more than 4 weeks overdue are considered lost. You will be notified via email that you have a $150 lost item fine, and your library account will be temporarily suspended. The final amount owing for replacement of the item will be determined by the owning library. Contact the owning library to pay your lost item fine and reactivate your library account. If you find and return the item, we'll remove the the lost item fine from your account.