Getting Started: Faculty and Graduate Students
- Your MUN ID card is your library card.
- Sign into OneSearch to see the loan period for items, as the duration may vary. For faculty and graduate students, the usual lending period is 4 months.
Renew items online
- Sign into OneSearch.
- Click on your name in the top right hand corner and chose My Loans
- Pick items to renew and click Renew Selected.
Is your item currently unavailable?
You can request an item if it is checked out by another user or available at another Memorial Libraries branch. We will email you when it is available for pick up.
- Sign into OneSearch.
- Find your item.
- Click on the title.
- In the Get It section, click on Request
- Fill out required information and submit the form.
Do you need something we don't own?
If we don't own the item, we'll get for you and if it's an online article, we'll email it to you!
- Sign into OneSearch
- Find your item
- Click on the title
- In the Get It section, click on Request from Document Delivery Service
Placing items on Reserve
Reserve Items can be in print or online, from the Library collection, your personal copies, or we can buy an item for Reserve. For full details, check out the directions for Placing Items on Reserve.
Course Resources (Reserves)
You can find the Course Resources for your class on the Course Resouces (Reserves) site. If you do not see your class listed in your list, select Find List. Change the course status dropdown to Active.
You can search your course list by any of the following:
- your course code (eg. ENGL or ENGL 1110) (check your course code)
- your professor's last name
- words from the course title (eg. Poetry)
We offer subject-specific library reseach instruction classes that are tailored to course content and assignments. Complete our online request form or contact your instruction librarian to book a class for your students.
Would you like to integrate critical research and information literacy into your course? We can help you develop assignments that will give students a meaningful library research experience. Check out our Consultation and Assignment Ideas page for your class for more ideas.
Printing & Technology
All of our libraries offer computers and wireless internet, printing and photocopying services, and a variety of software. Some libraries also lend technology such as iPads, ebook readers, headphones and video cameras. Please visit our Printing and Technology page and select your branch for full details on our technology services.
The QEII, HSL and Grenfell libraries have dedicated study space for graduate students, along with quiet, individual, and group study spaces. Visit our Study Rooms & Spaces page and select your branch for full details on our study spaces.
Visit our Ask us! page to chat live with library staff, book a research help appointment, or ask a question by phone or email.