Why use it?
“Borealis, the Canadian Dataverse Repository, is a bilingual, multi-disciplinary, secure, Canadian research data repository that supports open discovery, management, sharing, and preservation of Canadian research data.” Borealis
- Effective sharing: Using a data repository is a convenient way to disseminate your data, and can facilitate collaboration.
- Long-term access and preservation: Persistent identification and normalization of your data ensures reliable access and prevention from data obsolescence.
- Organization and compatibility: Create your own personal web data archive that conforms to international data standards to maximize system compatibility and searchability.
- Save time: An easy to use interface for uploading and sharing your data.
- Increase research visibility: Increase scholarly recognition for your work beyond your research publications. Datasets receive a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and a citation will be created for the dataset.
- Meet grant requirements: Many funding agencies now require that researchers deposit data that is collected as part of their research project into a repository.
(Source: Scholars Portal)